Sunday 8 November 2009

SHOWstudio Fashion Revolution exhibition

Design Download




Sweet


Synaesthesia


On friday I went to the SHOWstudio - Fashion Revolution exhibition at Somerset House. My favourite exhibits were the Design Download, Sweet, and Synaesthesia.

Design Download
This exhibit showed a range of designers such as Gareth Pugh's. The designers all created a design, which can be downloaded from the SHOWstudio website. So a array of designer items, is available to anyone to download the pattern pieces, then make the garment themselves. Truly interactive fashion, accessible to everyone. Junya Watanable dress was my favourite, I have downloaded the template, and I will attempt to make it for myself, once I have bought suitable fabric.

Sweet
Lo fi computer genreated manipulated imagery, from taking sweet wrapers as material to produce garments. Then photographed and turned into a short film. A collarborative piece with the stylist Jane How.

Synaesthesia
An interactive image, that allows a viewer to change an photograph of a model in a shirt. The changes are in sound and light. Using music and different coloured lights to stimulate the viewer's senses.

The exhibition is on till 20th December.

No comments:

Post a Comment